Jobs are posted at the request of the hiring entity or a member. Job postings must include a closing date. To request the posting of a job opening, please contact the webmaster by email at email@example.com
Technical Sales Specialist
Main Company* is seeking to hire a Technical Sales Specialist to be based in Tampa with a blended background in chemical regulations, SDS authoring and cloud solutions to be front and center in our customer’s transformation using cloud-based SDS Authoring and Management platforms
For more information, please contact:
1301 EHS Manager
The EH&S Manager reports to the site managers and EHS Manager Americas. The EH&S manager is responsible for the development, direction, coordination and overall management of the sites’ environmental, health and safety (EHS), and regulatory programs, procedures, training, work practices and controls for assigned facility. Other duties include:
- Identify and ensure compliance with applicable EHS regulations and risks while interacting with Operations, Legal, and Engineering to implement acceptable systems in order to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Champions an injury free environment.
- Manage the day-to-day compliance with federal, state and local EHS requirements including but not limited to OSHA, DEP, EPA. - - Maintain awareness of regulatory requirements and analyzes potential impacts on operations. Consults directly with the management team and all associates in order to ensure plant compliance with policies and procedures.
- Work with EHS management in the creation of site EHS targets and objectives in support of plant and corporate EHS strategic initiatives designed to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results.
- Create Job Hazard Analysis and the investigation of employee concerns, injuries, EHS incidents, and Employee Observation/Near Misses. Develops and tracks all initial accident/near miss investigations and audits corrective actions to closure.
- Work with the Workers Compensation Manager to communicate EHS metrics as required, to facilities and/or corporate management.
- Monitor and review Corporate Safety Manual to verify compliance of assigned plants and manage completion of health, safety and environmental audits/inspections and risk assessments to identify and prioritize EHS aspects and hazards.
- Plan implement and manage programs for assigned sites to train managers and employees in work site safety practices.
- Develop and maintains a strong and positive working relationship with regulatory agency staff and industry environmental coalitions, as applicable. Communicates inquiries or complaints from regulatory agencies to management.
- Coordinate and maintain compliance with industrial hygiene requirements.
- Foster and maintain a Safety Committee for the assigned site.
- Work with Human Resources and Workers Compensation Manager to facilitate Worker Compensation claim activities.
- Participate in meetings, workshops, and conferences to keep abreast of emerging environmental health and safety issues.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Environmental Management or other related technical discipline and 7+ years of experience in EHS or related field. Other desired skills, experiences and attributes include:
- 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Certified Health Safety Professional (CHSP) certification is a plus.
- Understanding of all components of an EHS Program including incident investigation, ergonomics, industrial hygiene, life safety, machine guarding, air permitting, wastewater, hazardous waste, and workers’ compensation
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven ability to evaluate BBS programs, and then develop and implement corrective actions
- Computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and manage objectives within tight deadlines.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to speak effectively before groups of employees and/or management.
- Effective leadership and management abilities.
- Supervisory experience a plus.
To inquire about the position or for additional information, please contact:
Director of Fulfillment
Global Recruiters of Wilmington
(302) 455-9500 x107 Office
(302) 455-9502 Fax
INDUSTRIAL HYGIENIST INTEGRATED MISSION SUPPORT SERVICES, LLC
Closing date: May 30, 2017.
Integrated Mission Support Services, LLC (IMSS) provides industrial hygiene services to NASA, contractors and other tenants of the Kennedy Space Center (KSC) and Cape Canaveral Air Force Station (CCAFS) via the Kennedy Environmental and Medical Contract (KEMCON). IMSS provides subject matter expertise in all aspects of industrial hygiene and we are looking for motivated industrial hygienists that can serve as project managers for the KEMCON, supporting all customers at KSC/CCAFS.
If you or someone you know might be interested in applying for this position, please see job posting at www.imssfl.com.
This position provides technical expertise for planning, scheduling, monitoring and reporting of environmental health programs, where programs are usually grouped to specific disciplines in industrial hygiene. Ensures compliance with Federal, state, local or NASA regulations, programs or contractual requirements as related to the business of the unit or section, working within the limits of established policy.
Implements designated industrial hygiene programs involving the recognition, evaluation and control of potential health hazards to personnel in an aerospace / spaceport industrial complex. Programs include, but are not limited to: Indoor Air Quality; confined space access; sample and analysis of air contaminants associated with hazardous operations; hypergolic propellant transfer and storage; exhaust ventilation system evaluation and testing; hearing conservation and noise hazard assessment; heat stress; biological safety; and ergonomic consultation. Communicates program requirements and related regulations to staff and coordinates with other organizations to ensure that all assigned program responsibilities are accomplished.
Attends and participates in a variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements and policies. May include leading KSC teams or working groups to enhance various IH programs, including Hearing Loss Prevention and Control, Respiratory Protection, Ergonomics, Indoor Air Quality and Laboratory Safety.
Monitors and participates in field activities, responds to technical inquiries and prioritizes operations or adjust methods as required to comply with program responsibilities of existing circumstances and conditions.
Identifies, notes, and investigates unusual conditions or environmental concerns and initiate or recommend required corrective action. Monitors or performs report preparation and ensures report and program documentation accuracy and completeness. Ensures that customer and all appropriate internal authorities are aware of conditions representing potential health or safety hazards, related regulations and most effective recommendations for resolution.
HR-3107/Industrial Hygienist – Page 2 IMSS Proprietary Information
Coordinates and plans industrial hygiene emergency response to incidents including launch support, spills, hazardous operations, hurricane or other potential emergency incident. Participates in center-wide contingency exercises. Provides technical information and assist in developing program responses or recommendations.
Assigns and instructs employees engaged in technical data collection, analysis, reporting or abatement activities, respond to inquiries, assist to resolve problems, check work, and provide job training. Monitor test results, data, reports and recommendations.
Ensures that staff members are fully trained in all elements of survey operations, sample collection preparation and preservation, equipment utilization, calibration or sterilization as may be required, data collection and reporting, program and regulatory requirements and safety precautions related to job assignments.
Assist in active implementation of company initiatives to ensure compliance with OSHA, VPP, ISO, JCAHO and other mandated regulatory or conformance regulations/standards. QUALIFICATIONS:
Education / Training:
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in a specified scientific discipline such as industrial hygiene, environmental engineering, chemistry or biology. In lieu of the degree, Industrial Hygienists must possess greater than five years of industrial hygiene technical experience. Certification by the American Board of Industrial Hygiene is preferred. At least three years’ experience in an industrial hygiene discipline is preferred.
Experience in managing and overseeing technical field activities preferred. Strong technical writing skills a must.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
Requires the ability to read and interpret written information and effectively communicate verbally and in writing where information includes scientific terminology. Position may require employee to be screened for and be found eligible for a government security clearance. Experience in working with customers and managing multiple job requirements is desired.
HR-3107/Industrial Hygienist – Page 3 IMSS Proprietary Information
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Work at MEMIC
Healthcare Safety Consultant
Location: Northern New Jersey/Long Island, NY
MEMIC is seeking a healthcare safety consultant with expertise in ergonomics, specifically with safe patient handling. If you enjoy teaching, mentoring and motivating others in making their workplace and patients safer, this might be the opportunity for you! Our Healthcare Safety Consultants partner with our policyholders to identify, assess and evaluate health and safety exposures in their workplace. They work together in educating and training staff to help mitigate these risks for happier and safer employees.
Site: FL - Apopka
Environmental Health & Safety Engineer
This position encompasses the management and implementation of Environmental, Health & Safety systems for the plant with respect to our people, property, processes and neighbors.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE AT QORVO
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) / Affirmative Action employer and welcome all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, and/or any other status protected by law.
Currently seeking a Senior Environmental Professional to lead our Environmental Health and Safety and Environmental Science groups. The ideal candidates will have the necessary experience, skill sets, training, and credentials to provide leadership to a talented team of industrial hygienists, engineers, and scientists.
Responsibilities will include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Lead the Central Florida- based environmental consulting business, including meeting with potential and existing clients, responding to RFPs, and developing new market strategies and materials. Candidate will lead a group of professionals to grow the departments revenue, expand and diversify the client base and establish policies and procedures for client development. Assist in recruiting qualified safety professionals for the firm.
- Supervise the environmental team to implement environmental consulting projects, including limited Phase I and Phase II environmental assessments, remedial investigations, remedial actions/response, compliance, and planning/permitting. Project work may include project management, preparation of work plans, field sampling and oversight, directing subcontractor services, data evaluations, and report preparation. Projects may be located throughout the State of Florida and the southeastern area of United States.
- Coordinate and partner with the Industrial Hygiene (IH) team to implement and manage consulting projects involved with lead based paint, and indoor air quality. Assist with expanding industrial hygiene market to include testing for work site contaminants for compliance with worker protection regulations as developed by the United States Department of Labor Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA. Work with existing IH teams to manage contracts in place and seek similar market share to expand their services.
- Lead teams Safety Professionals to develop new clients in the industrial sector for services involving OSHA Process Safety management, safety audits, and US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Emergency Response Plans.
-Work in the office in Lakeland, Fl. This will be an executive level position that will initially require 50% travel (to client sites, etc) however this person would have the power to manage this team the way they'd like to once they are settled into the company more.
- They will be managing a team of approximately 5 people and will need to grow and develop this team through bringing in business to mentoring staff.
- Bachelors of Science degree in geology/earth sciences, engineering, environmental science or related discipline.
- The ideal candidate will be currently licensed in the state of Florida as a Professional Engineer and/or a Professional Geologist. (In lieu of designation as a PE/PG the candidate will be certified by the American Board of Industrial Hygiene as a Certified Industrial Hygienist).
- Minimum of 10 years of experience.
- Must have experience at an executive level leading and managing a team.
- They must have contacts and experience for business development within air quality, industrial Hygiene, etc.
- Must be able to work both independently and as a member of a project team.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Self-sufficient and ability to work under pressure of deadlines.
- Responsible for effective time management and effort in accordance with project priorities.
Please contact Taylor Johnson at Aerotek (813)636-1028 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the position further.
Last updated: 8/15/17